So my friend Sue wrote on her Thanksgiving blog about her blessings. I've been wondering to myself about why it is that my hubby has a job in all this craziness of an economy, let alone one that allows me to stay home and just BE with the babies. I love BEING with the babies. It lets me find out about them and watch them grow, which is really fun to do on your own kid, but not others. I still have no idea why I get to have a hubby with a job and two VERY CUTE babies, but here's what I've learned about them this week.
Whitney invented a new game. It's called the blanket game. For some reason, lifting the blanket up and down is so fun. It is fun while she is sitting and trying to capture it with her arms. It is fun to lie on her back and kick like a dead bug while trying to catch it. It is fun to chase it and crawl on top of it to capture it. And it is really fun to let Mommy pull her around the room with it. She finally has four teeth, two on bottom and two on top. She crawls super fast, especially when getting ready for bath time and has nothing on. That is also a super funny game. Mommy capture naked baby.
Tucker is practicing his crawling, eating and discovering things with one finger skills. He has gone back to a huge amount of smiling and growling again. He loves to check things out with his one finger. He is crawling on hands and knees now, which makes both of them move fast. The other night I was trying to figure out why Tucker was crying. Finally he just crawled over the high chair to tell me he was hungry." Duh mom!! Isn't that usually the reason I'm grumpy?!"
Tucker and Whitney both like to play peek a boo with the table. They are just in general checking everything out 3 feet and below. We went to the Children's Museum here. They liked it. I tried taking Christmas pics, but I can't do it alone anymore. The ones here are the only ones they stayed still for. The rest, forget it!!
Tucker figured out (or remembered) that he can sleep through the night. What bliss!! I think it has a lot to do with figuring out they only need one longer nap of two hours in the day, lots of crawl time, and a full meal later than 4:30 pm. Then they are good and sleep 7:30 to 7. I feel super awesome and have gotten lots done. Like decorating the house for Christmas. I did that yesterday. It looks awesome. Christmas lights are another blessing. They make me feel so happy and chipper. One of the benefits of living in Seattle is that since it dark so much, the lights can be left on for more time. They are only not on for 8 hours of the day. Yep. Puget Sound energy loves it, too. I've also been working on baking for neighbors and making gifts. It's been a really fun week with another fun week coming up. Stay tuned.
They seem to be growing so much each week! So cute! Love the bug on it's back thing.
ReplyDeleteToo funny about Blessing #5. I didn't even think of that! If there is a #5 I will let you know, but none yet!
They are getting more and more darling!! I wish I could see them. I don't think that I could carry either one while hiking again though :)
ReplyDelete