Sunday, November 14, 2010

rocky fights back

Tucker somewhat mad about being stuck under the table.
Apparently doing dishes is very relaxing and kick-back.


I think the funniest thing that happened this week was Rocky and his relationship with Whitney. A few of you may remember the video of Whitney ripping Rocky's face off. Well, Rocky is now very aware of his need to defend his floor space and to run when Whitney gets too close. This was made very apparent to me this week. Rocky was chewing on his chew toy peacefully when Whitney whacked at it (the end was sticking way out) with her hand. You know how babies have that phase of hitting everything. Well, Rocky doesn't know much about that phase. As soon as she whacked his toy, he growled and relocated. But not very far. She didn't think much of it and pretty much ignored him while she went on playing ( no worries. I moved her and told her no, too) with her toys in the same room. Well, as happens with toys, they roll and one rolled near Rocky. Near means within a foot. She crawled over and was within his peripheral vision when he started growling and yelping like Whitney was hitting him. Hmmmm. Sounds like something I did with my siblings once in a while to get them in trouble. He did it several times. Then he took his chew toy and went in the other room. Finally. But what really makes this story funny is the next part. A few minutes later Sammy started barking at something in the living room, probably a squirrel outside or something. Rocky came running down the hall, trying to bark, but not too successfully because he had his chew toy in his mouth. Can't let Whitney get it.

The other cute thing this week was that Tucker learned how to stand up in the crib. I went in after naptime and they were both standing in their cribs, chortelling at each other. Whitney likes to laugh really hard and rock back and forth while standing holding on to rails. Tucker is pretty impressed he can do it too. This means he can also pull to stand on chairs. He was practicing under the kitchen table, but since he's an inch taller, he got stuck. His head was hitting the bottom of the table ledge and he couldn't get out. That made him mad and he cried a ton until I got him out. Since he is taller, he can reach the top of the table. Sigh. And everything goes up another level.

I asked Jim what we should blog about, what cute thing they did this week, and he said, what. Besides being sick and not sleeping through the night? So that brings up something else. We haven't slept this week, or the week before, or the week before that. Now I totally get it when parents say "well, my kid was sick this week, so not much else happened". yeah. Between lost sleep and thirty thousand loads of laundry and diaper changes, I get it. So Tucker went to the doctor since it had been three weeks he's been off, and he has a double ear infection. The doctor said it is mild, but since it's been so long and he hasn't been sleeping, then it would be wise to bust out the meds. Dang it. I was hoping to avoid amoxicillen. I remember I went through a lot of that stuff when I was a kid. Same stuff. Cleans 'em out in more ways than one. So I get it now when parents say their kid was sick. Throw up and poop at night seems 50x bigger and more stainable.

Whitney hasn't been sick. She eats her vegetables. She has been a very good and patient baby while tucker has been so fussy. She discovered ice this week. While I was putting away groceries, an ice cube fell out on the floor where she was playing. She held it for a good 20 seconds. I was surprised because of how cold it was. It fell out of her hands because it melted enough to be slippery. She was very intrigued!

4 comments:

  1. We're going through the whole sick and sleepless here too. Tis the season. We're feeling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the sick babies. Not fun at all. It is so much more worse at night! I hope the meds start working and you can get some sleep. Whitney cracks me up with Rocky. And Tucker standing up in his crib.

    Didn't even think about posting pictures on a blog. Smart to do the house pics via email.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine said you'd like our blog address, so here it is...
    michellenathanandkiddos@blogspot.com
    She also brought a really cute picture of your family to church. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just messed up our blog address so here it really is...Sorry
    michellenathanandkiddos.blogspot.com (no @)

    ReplyDelete