Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Whitney loves banging on things, especially things that make noise. This was the first time she "practiced the piano" It was really fun.
This table top toy has a lot of noise making buttons that are fun to hit. The babies love it!

Whitney loves the dishwasher, but I had no idea how much until this day. I was putting away dishes and turned around to get more when I found this. It made me laugh. I'll have to remember how much they love to help with dishes and making the bed when they are teenagers

Whitney in her black ninja costume

Mommy with her loot, including Whitney with her money bag on

Whitney in her too-too, the third costume today. It's been fun

The babies first Halloween went well. No trick or treaters came to the house to wake them up after we put them down, so they are well rested. I don't think anyone snuck any candy to them considering they are the oldest children. Last night we went to the church trick or treat party. Families decorated the doors in the church instead of doing a trunk or treat. Welcome to rainy weather. I was wondering what they would do here. It was really fun. I was a prisoner and the babies were my loot (money bags). I stole the idea from my friend Emily. She did it last year with her family, except her husband was participating in the event and she was a police women and her hubby was the prisoner. I couldn't convince Jim to participate in Halloween. Oh well. Although the fun of dressing up was a little spoiled because it was like me telling a joke or drawing a picture. I had to explain what the babies were and then some people said "Oh, now I get it". A few things about that though. Most of the time we were carrying the babies and so the money sign on the bag was facing our bodies. And my mom made the bags white instead of brown, so it was confusing and hard to tell what they were at a glance. Tucker wasn't too big into dressing up, either. Whitney was fine with it. She got to change clothes three times. It was great.

The baby news for this week is fun. Tucker likes to clap, and per video, figured out how to drop objects and thinks it is hilarious. He is doing better at the mommy time stuff. He actually played on the floor this week without having some part of his body touching some part of my body in order to play. It was mostly due to this. I was cooking and had to put Tucker down, which made him scream. Whitney was crawling in circles around the kitchen, living room and playroom. She especially loves the entryway as she pulls to stand on the stair banister and can look down the stairs. She was in the entry when Tucker was screaming. She starting making some talking noises and I swear she was talking to Tucker, letting him know what cool things she could see and how much fun she was having. He stopped crying and started military crawling around the house with her. Whitney saved my butt again. I've been able to do a lot of stuff this week since they have been playing together since that day. I've been surprised. I thought when they started crawling that they would go in opposite directions, but since Tucker has to have someone near him most of the time, what happens is Whitney crawls somewhere new and Tucker follows her. They especially love to play with the dog dishes. They figured out how to get the rubber ring off of one and were playing tug of war with it and having fun. It's fun to see them interact like that.

Tucker is also feeding himself quite well now finger foods and his bottle. That has also helped a bunch. I can either eat with them or do something in the kitchen, like make dinner, while they eat instead of waiting until baby naptime to get it all done.

Whitney's top tooth broke through today. She also has been practicing standing without holding on to anything for brief moments today. Every time she can keep her balance for a second or so, she laughs hysterically and seems to be immensely impressed with herself. She'll be walking soon, which will give her the edge again to get to toys before Tucker can get them and take them away from her. She discovered how much fun it is to help Mommy put away dishes and she loves to help make the bed (she crawls around while I move the sheets over her). She laughs when she crawls to the edge and looks over the side. Most of the time Sammy is below her, so I'm not sure if she is laughing at him or just because it is fun to look over edges. She likes to look over the edge of the deck too. I think I will have to always watch her because she likes to know exactly where the boundries are and checks them out first. It reminds me of a saying a co-worker of mine used to say. "Kids are like cows. You put them out to pasture and the first thing they check is where the fences are".

I went to Value Village this week looking for my Halloween costume. I guess that is the WA word for Savers. I love Savers. Why buy anything baby first hand when you have stores like that? This one wasn't even picked over. I got three pairs of shoes for me, three long sleeved onsies, three blanket sleepers, my Halloween costume and two waterproof jackets for the next two sizes up for the babies, all for $50. Awesome!! I feel like doing a Whitney. Laughing hysterically because I'm immensely impressed with myself for those finds. And all that stuff looks pretty new.

My goal for next week is to take all the blog address info I have from people and put them on my blog so I can use this more like email and keep up more often because I won't have to type in the blog site each time. I'm very excited. If you don't see yours on there when they are up, send me an email because I probably lost it in my file of info. That's the other goal for the week of the 8th. Get my files together so I can find all that info.

Anyway, I can't wait for this week's adventures. HOpe you enjoy the pics and video

1 comment:

  1. Love the costume idea! Very creative. Tucker is a goof in the video. Too cute. I am glad the babies are playing together and giving you a break. And what is it with dishwashers? My babies always love them too!

    ReplyDelete