I don't know if my parents really are boycotting the blog, but my mom called me yesterday and talked to me for awhile, even though she called and talked to me on Sunday, too. I don't think they will be reading this for the next month or so since there are no pictures or videos that I can post. My mom tried to figure out all sorts of ways to get pictures to her during these next few weeks. Face it. Life without technology is so sad for us. A few years ago, getting pictures more often than 6 weeks would have been unheard of. Now they "can't wait" 6 weeks. Whatever.
Whitney is getting really good at moving around. Between rolling over and crawling a few steps at at time, she can go anywhere she wants in this apartment. So everything is off the floor. Including the dogs. They are learning quickly. Whitney is very fascinated with their paws and Sammy's long hair. They both immediately move when a baby touches them. Good exercise since we are living in an apartment. Of course, Rocky figured out a way to not exercise. He wedges himself between the couch and the end table, too small of a space for rolling over or scooting forward, so he is mostly out of Whitney's reach. Tucker still cries because he can't move much more than rolling.
He is working on teeth. There are four teeth (three on bottom and one on top) that have fully come in. There are three others that have poked through, but haven't finished coming through. Lots of waking up at night, but on the other hand, he went to bed from 6:30 pm to 6:30 am from all that lost sleep. I couldn't believe it. Also, their schedule is as close as I can get it to an 8 o'clock bedtime, but transferring from a carseat to bed still wakes them up a bit after we get home from house hunting and driving in the car. Tucker's teeth are sharp. He no longer chews on his finger. He puts his finger in his bib and then chews on it. Smart. Good thing there are bibs. All of his clothes would have holes in them without those bibs.
I will also challenge any of you to a game of basketball. Last time I played, I didn't do so well. Making a basket is often beyond my skill set, but now I make a basket while fighting off defense no problem. That's how I feel when I feed the babies. I have to avoid their reaching hands while making a basket with the spoonful of rice cereal into their mouths that are moving targets because they are reaching, grabbing and moving their bodies and heads around to look at the dogs, the high chair, the straps, anything but their food. I'm getting better, so I think my hand-eye-basktet coordination has most likely improved.
We rode the "duckies", these bus/boat things that were built in the second world war. There are tours that take you around Seattle, both land and water, in these things. The ride is an hour and half. We took the babies all ready for bed, on a tour Friday night. It was really fun. Tucker cried when the guy started using the microphone and they got hungry for their last bottle on the ride, but other than that, it was really fun. A lady with twins (who had left them at home) sat in front of us with her older son and helped with hands. We saw the house that Sleepless in Seattle was filmed, the Deadliest Catch boats anchored on Lake Washington, and learned the difference between house boats, house barges, and floating houses. We also saw the first carwash in the nation, which is close to our apartment. The rest of this week was househunting, getting the babies in a routine when there is no routine, taking the dogs for a walk, and enjoying the sun while it lasts. Jim is having fun at work and is spending a lot of time looking at all the house options online before we go out to look at them. It helps a ton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool adventures! Sounds like you are having fun. Good luck house hunting. Any prospects? Tucker is so funny. I hope he can crawl soon so he won't feel so left out. And smart dogs. Woman, you are amazing! I bet you'd rock at basketball now!
ReplyDelete