This is going to be a boring blog because we don't have our stuff. Meaning the computer that accepts the camera card directly so I can post pictures. I even know exactly where the camera is, but can't upload Seattle pictures, so expect some boring blogs for 6 weeks.
We made it here alive and well. We are living in an apartment while we figure out what to do with our lives. I will probably never live downtown again, let alone downtown Seattle, so I want to take advantage of it as much as able. Today we walked over to look at the Space Needle. There is a lot more there than just a space needle. Lots of stuff going on and things to look at. Other kids around us were really excited about the rollercoaster they had, but Sammy was less than excited about it when we walked by. A few other destinations we want to go to are Pike's market and go out to eat at the Thai restaurant in our building. The other stuff we will probably do when everyone comes to visit. Like actually go up in the Needle and go to the Children's museum. There is so much to do it's hard to pick!! We're trying to pick things we would do because we live downtown, not necessarily something we would do with other people or non-baby friendly activies.
We drove to Seattle for 3 days, driving no more than 6 hours. That was nice, not driving more than 6 hours. The drive here is pretty dry except for parts of Oregon and about 2 hours out of Seattle. Lots of dry desert to look at with different rock formations under it. The babies did pretty well.
We stopped at Aunt Des's house, where Caitlyn took excellent care of our dogs, better petting and attention in general than they have had in 7 months. Their beagle Roxy was very jealous. Sammy could have stayed there and not come with us the rest of the way. This apartment and hotel living with all these noisy cars scares him so much, he really hasn't been able to use the bathroom in private or getting scared half way through. So far there haven't been any accidents, but I don't know how much longer it can last.
Whitney also learned to crawl a few steps/crawls while we were at Aunt Des's. She had so much energy from sitting in the car that I guess she had plenty to learn how to propel herself forward instead of just rocking on her hands and knees so much. Tucker still likes to sit up or be in the exersaucer instead of crawling, but he is working on 3 more teeth. He's got the top front two and one to the right of his bottom 2 that are coming in. He now has a big boy toothbrush and gets his teeth brushed at bathtime for practice. He's not sure what to think. The babies continue to tell each other jokes. That's what I call the splashing and laughing that happens during bathtime. Tucker splashes really hard, which makes Whitney laugh, which makes Tucker pause in his splashing to laugh. Then the cycle starts all over. It's great fun, but there are no videos of it because all of that requires four hands to prevent drownings in the tub instead of video taping the action.
I'll let you know if we go on any adventures this week, besides the adventures of house hunting with two babies.... Maybe we'll "ride the ducks". It drives down our street.
Call my parents for my number here if you want to call and talk to me (I don't want to post it on the web) and I can't call long distance, but I can receive long distance phone numbers. Until next week...
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you made it alive! Sounds like an adventure. Good luck house hunting! Kiss those chubby cute babies for me!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you made it. I was thinking about you today after I dropped the kids off for school and went for a walk. You are missed.
ReplyDelete