Sunday, August 8, 2010

can't find camera

This is the shed that Jim built

Whitney and I by the tree I planted in a baby naptime


So. No cute baby pictures, like Whitney holding Daddy's tools while he builds the shed, because we can't find the camera. Awesome. Yesterday Jim had a lot of fun getting rid of stuff and taking things to the dump (like left over construction material) and today we can't find the camera. Hopefully it pops up. So you are stuck with boring pictures. Like of the shed. We think it's cool, but you might not. Jim finished the shed yesterday. It looks GREAT!! The garden is doing amazingly well, too. We've already made some salsa. Good thing we're leaving in 10 days. Jim leaves tonight and will start work in Seattle tomorrow. He is very excited!! Yesterday I finally planted that pine tree in that hole I started digging in May. I didn't realize what planting a tree would involve. I dug a 3 foot diameter by 1.5 feet deep hole yesterday during baby nap time. I didn't realize though, that you have to move all that dirt back. I was racing against the the clock of the end of baby nap time, too. I mowed the lawn and edged it that night. I am woman!! (I was whooped last night!!) Don't worry. I was doing all that while Jim did all the household projects we've been meaning to do but haven't had a deadline to finish until now. He finished them all in one day. And packed. An amazing feat since before he was just focused on trying to finish the shed 2 months sooner than he thought he was going to have to finish it. But some day that tree will block the view of our neighbor's kitchen from our bedroom. I hope no one chops it down. I'll check Google maps in ten years to see. We found renters this week, so hopefully it works out. A little scary, though.

It was a sad day on Friday. Everyone's last day of work was on Friday. Jim's, mine and the nanny's. Today in church the nanny was talking to her mom while Tucker was hollering about having to take a nap. "Hey Mom!! Do you hear that? (she hadn't noticed anything). That's Tucker! Do you think Mandy needs help?" I think it was pretty cute that she is attuned to our babies' cries. Sadness we have to leave them here and not move them to Seattle with us. Their parents said they wanted to keep them. Bummer.

Until Seattle......

1 comment:

  1. Eeek! This is it! The shed looks awesome and you are woman! Good luck with the move!!!! It's sad you have to leave your perfect set-up, but the job will be such a blessing! Post as soon as you are settled in your new place. Mis you!!!

    ReplyDelete