I actually left them with a babysitter this week. Jim couldn't believe I actually was able to do it. I agree with him. It was very hard to leave them for 2.5 hours, but she has 4 younger siblings, very responsible, and her mom said she would be home during that time in order to be available if she had any problems. Her mom said she has called home a few times before when she has had questions during other babysitting jobs. It was very traumatic for me but the babies had fun. They were very happy when I got home and must have had fun playing with the babysitter because they slept well the rest of the day. I worried about them the whole time I was gone. Typical. New parent nervousness.
I got a picture of them in their favorite onesies. Very fun to see Thing 1 and Thing 2 on them, especially since those outfits were so big when they left the hospital and now Tucker is getting close to outgrowing it.!!
We made it to church as a family today. It went really well. No one pooped on the way out the door, but I did think there was a bird in my clothes dryer 5 minutes before we left. Jim checked it out and the bird was pecking at the lint on the outside of the vent, so we made it to church on time still. It really sounded like flapping and a bird hurt in the dryer. I was kind of mad at first that there might have been a bird in the dryer because all my clean clothes were in there, ready to wear. I would have had to do laundry again if the bird was in there. Not cool. The babies have plenty of clean cute outfits, but mommy has a limited supply of clothes that fit and look good on her.
We are still in the newlywed phase together, the babies and us. It is so fun to snuggle with the babies and they seem to like it, too. Whitney really likes to bounce. Daddy likes to bounce her, but his arms get tired. She cries to let him know she still wants to bounce. He wants to get a chair that lets her do it. I say let Daddy and Whitney bond.
The first four pictures are their 3 month photo op at home. The last two pictures are just fun and described above.
Those pics are adorable! I love thing 1 and Thing 2. Glad you got out. It does get easier to leave for a babysitter, but even now, 6 years later, I still worry. I'm completely hopeless.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see your little babies! Cute cute cute. Congratulations -- the house, the babies, the family visiting -- and using a babysitter! Big days for you...
ReplyDelete